- Warning: This article contains spoilers!
Isla was a Giftia who was said to be the top Giftia marksman of the Terminal Service #1. She was previously partnered with Kazuki Kuwanomi. After her partnership with Kazuki was dissolved, she became the partner of Tsukasa Mizugaki.
Isla was introduced as showing almost no emotion, but has since developed more. She is very innocent, and often has difficulty understanding how social situations should work. When it comes to Tsukasa, Isla becomes jealous easily and is eager to be impressive and useful to him.
Isla cares deeply about the feelings of others. It has been stated that she was the first employee of Terminal Service #1 to cater to the needs and emotions of her clients. The rest of the staff later followed Isla's example at Kazuki's request.
Isla is usually seen having long, silver pigtails. She has vermilion eyes and usually wears a white uniform that lays above her knees. She is one of the shortest characters in the series. Isla wears white boots that matches her uniform.
Though Isla was previously Kazuki Kuwanomi's partner, Kazuki dissolved their partnership after the attempted retrieval of Michiru's father went poorly and ended with Kazuki sustaining an injury and the retrieval target being shot down by R. Security.
When Isla's partnership with Kazuki ended, Isla did not do any field work until her partnership with Tsukasa began. Rather, she spent her time doing desk work and serving tea.
Isla is reaching the end of her lifespan, and only has about 1,000 hours left. Upon learning Tsukasa decided to stay Isla's partner until the very end because of the love he feels for her. However, Kazuki dissolved Tsukasa and Isla's partnership shortly after hearing about Tsukasa's confession of love for Isla.
After Isla's partnership with Tsukasa was dissolved, she became Kazuki's partner again, which turned out to be step one of Kazuki's plan to attempt to give Tsukasa and Isla a happy ending.
Tsukasa Mizugaki - Tsukasa was very kind to Isla from their first meeting. Isla has feelings for him, but after Tsukasa confessed his feelings for her, Isla rejected him at first. The main reason was that Isla decided that it was better if they stayed away from each other because Isla does not want to gain anymore happy memories. However, after Kazuki persuades Isla, she finally agrees to continue her relationship with Tsukasa and confesses her feelings to him. She promises to do anything she can to make Tsukasa happy until the end of her time.
Kazuki Kuwanomi - Isla has great memories with Kazuki during their first time partnership. But after retrieval of Michiru's Father and lost Kazuki her leg, Kazuki decided to dissolved their partnership, thinking it is better for Isla. Kazuki realizes that was wrong to be like that. So, during Isla's second partnership with Kazuki, Kazuki persuades her to understand her current and the similar situation from when they were partners by telling the reason why their partnership was dissolved in the first place. She came to realize that and thought of staying with him. Eventually, Isla worked up the courage to face Tsukasa and declare her feelings for him.
Michiru Kinushima - Isla has admitted to Michiru that she has feelings for Tsukasa, saying that her heart begins to pound and that she starts to feel confused whenever she thinks about him. Isla always asks for advice from Michiru about her relationship to Tsukasa.
- Isla's birthday is on August 5th.
- Isla's blood type is A.
- At the end of the anime's opening, Isla's expression changes with every episode.
- In tenth episode, when Isla answers Tsukasa's confession, there is an insert song sung by Sora Amamiya (Isla's voice actor) titled "Suki nano de" (好きなので, lit. means "Because I love you")
- Giftias have a lifespan of 81,920 hours (9 years and 4,8 months). As said by Yasutaka, Isla's left time is only 2000 hours, meaning Isla's age is 79,920 hours or about 9 years at the first arrival of Tsukasa.
- Isla also appears in the spin-off manga "Plastic Memories - Say To Good-bye".
- It's heavily suggested that at the end of EP13 the hand that reaches Tsukasa's to greet him, was none other than Isla's hand.
- "Well, I'm scared. If it has to be like that, then I wish I never had any memories. If I couldn't store memories, I could live automatically, driven by only my programming. That would be so much easier."
- "Error... "
- "Because nothing makes one happier than being with the one you love"
- "Having happy and beautiful memories won't always bring you salvation. The more beautiful a memory is, the more painful it can become. It can even become terrifying. Both for the one who's leaving... And for the one left behind"
- "I hope one day, you'll be reunited with the person you cherish"
- "エラー、よく聞き取れませんでした。もう一度言い直して下さい" (Eraa, yoku kiki toremasen deshita. mou ichido iinao shite kudasai).
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found